Olc innovate is fast approaching_ here are 10 things to consider! – olc
It’s fairly common to think that OLC Innovate is a newbie on the online education conference scene, as this is only the second time we’ve held this event. Vanderbilt new innovations But considering that we changed the name of our annual “Emerging Technologies for Online Learning International Symposium” to OLC Innovate just two years ago, this is actually our 10th Anniversary!
We’ve been growing every year — over 1000 educators attended in 2016 — and continue to attract sponsors at the forefront of learning technologies, including companies like Canvas, ProctorU, Mirium, Examity, and The Chronicle of Higher Learning to name a few.
OLC Innovate has also become known as a place for smaller tech companies to showcase new technology, and for educators from around the country (and the world) to network. New innovations in computer technology 2013 Many a great idea or partnership has been nurtured over a traditional New Orleans breakfast of chicory coffee and beignets, during a Bourbon Street stroll, over a classic dinner of crawfish etouffee, or while taking in some of the incredible jazz that has made the city famous.
Even while we’re all about innovation, in the decade that we’ve worked this conference some things have remained constant and those are the things we try to hold on to going into the final stretch this year.
Www new innovations Here are just some things to love about OLC Innovate that you can expect will continue for the 2017 incarnation.
Not only is this the second year of OLC Innovate, but it’s also the second in a row that the conference has made New Orleans its home. New technological innovations We’ve held this networking and learning conference in Dallas and Las Vegas in the recent past, but we feel New Orleans—which has spent several years establishing itself as a major tech hub—is a perfect fit.
In the non-educational world, tech conferences can be a little classist. New innovations in technology in 2015 Those geared towards CEOs are often shunned by start-ups, and vice versa. New technology innovations in business But OLC Innovate—which is, after all, focused on innovation—is the perfect site for institutions seeking digital education best-practices, for experienced leaders looking for the next innovation, and for start-ups with amazing ideas to help propel us all into eLearning’s future. New innovations log in The opportunity to “bump and connect” is huge, with attendees flying in from nearly all 50 states and over a dozen countries. New technologies trends innovations and research It’s an educational networker’s dream. New innovations ttuhsc And because learning isn’t confined to 9-to-5, we continue networking way into the evening, so don’t dine alone! Remember to use #OLCDiningBuddies to find a dinner date.
Similar to last year, expect to meet nearly 50 sponsors and exhibitors. New innovations in technology 2016 Our Exhibit Hall tends to get very busy as attendees sample new tools, programs, and ideas. New innovations in computer technology 2014 In fact, since innovation for teaching and learning is born through collaboration, it can get a little loud. New innovations in software technology And we’ll be bringing back our popular Innovation Lab — a dedicated space to explore classroom challenges and test innovative solutions.
• The Lightning Talks. List of new innovations Our fast-paced speaker series returns to Innovate this year, touching on pedagogy, structure, workforce, challenges in learning, and other online learning trends affecting our world today. New innovations login This year’s topics include:
In the three days of OLC Innovate, we will have covered a lot of ground, challenging our teaching and learning paradigms, reimagining the learning experience, and ideating on how disruptions in education today will shape the innovative classroom of tomorrow. New and innovative ideas for business To prepare, we’ve hand selected an impressive list of innovators and thought leaders for this year’s OLC Innovate program and are happy to report we have over 300 sessions planned , including 79 that will stream live! There is something for every educator.
Last year OLC Innovate rubbed shoulders with the spectacular New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival . New inventions and innovations And although Jazz Fest falls later in the month this year, this year OLC Innovate takes place right at the start of the French Quarter Festival – even more convenient for our attendees! Many OLC Innovate attendees and speakers come for the tech but stay for the jazz. New innovations in computer technology 2015 We think that’s a brilliant idea.
Some consider our summits as ‘conferences within a conference’ and for a good reason! These meetings allow for focused discussions on topics that directly impact many OLC innovate attendees and require a special setting for learning, interaction, and reflection. New innovations in educational technology This year our summits include:
• Goal: To share practices, strategies, and resources to make higher education more affordable for students in HBCUs (Historically Black Colleges & Universities) in the United States and Higher Education Institutions in Africa (HEIA).
• Explore how members of community colleges are serving as thought leaders and change agents. New innovations in healthcare technology How do they build a culture of innovation? How do they provide students with meaningful access to hands-on, experiential learning environments? What’s working to help prepare students for post-community college study?
• In this, the second year for this important summit, the Trade Adjustment Assistance for Community Colleges and Career Training (TAACCT) continues to focus on enabling affordable innovations in workforce education to be easily adopted and adapted by community college teachers, learners, industries, and professional organizations.
While we are a small and personal conference, OLC Innovate is known to attract exceptional keynote speakers, and this year is no different. New innovations residency We’re excited to present two fascinating individuals whom you don’t want to miss:
• John Kao . New innovations in mobile technology Dubbed “Mr. New innovations in banking technology Creativity” by The Economist, John calls himself an innovation activist and is the author of Innovation Nation, about America’s growing innovation challenge. New innovations residency login He is a graduate of Yale College, Yale Medical School, and Harvard Business School, and is an angel investor in emerging technology companies. New innovations 2014 A true innovator, he’s also a Tony-nominated producer of film and stage and has worked with rock legend Frank Zappa as a pianist and with Senator Hillary Clinton as an advisor. New innovations resident login John’s keynote address is titled: Innovating Education, Educating for Innovation.
• Darlene Cavalier , the founder of SciStarter, a popular online citizen science community that collaborates with scientists to tackle formal and informal research projects. What is new innovations She is, however, best known for spearheading “Science Cheerleaders” a group comprised of more than 200 current and former NFL and NBA cheerleaders who are also scientists and engineers. New innovations and inventions Darlene herself was a cheerleader for the Philadelphia 76ers, is a senior advisor at Discover Magazine, and holds a Masters Degree from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. Best new innovations Her keynote is titled: Citizen Science: How everyday People are Reshaping Scientific Research & Discovery.
There are different rates for OLC Members, non-members, students and HBCU affiliates. New innovations in packaging technology In addition, there are special rates for Virtual attendees and Group registrations. New innovations in medical technology We even have a Buy 2 Get One registration offer. New innovations of 2014 And our early-bird discounts are in effect until February 8th! Which registration package is right for you ?