Food and economic security programme officer _ reliefweb
We help to strengthen resilience of vulnerable people exposed to hazards and crisis situations and we respond to disasters and conflicts to save lives and alleviate suffering. New innovations in automotive technology In the Netherlands with more than thirty thousand volunteers and internationally through technical assistance, supplies and money. New innovations in world Together we act before, during and after disasters to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people.
We do this without regards to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinion.
New innovations in technology 2011 Our seven principles guide our humanitarian work: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality.
The International Assistance division is responsible for all Netherlands Red Cross international support for victims of disasters and conflicts and for vulnerable people exposed to hazards.
The Food and Economic Security (FES) Programme Advisor is a member of the – newly established – Business Development & Advisory Unit which includes thematic advisors, M&E experts, innovation and resource mobilisation coordinators. New technological innovations 2015 The team of thematic advisors consists of advisors in field of health, WASH, food and economic security and community resilience. New innovations in technology 2015 They jointly define the thematic policies for the IA division and support the other four units in the division with strategic and thematic advice. Ttuhsc new innovations The Advisor reports to BD&A Unit Lead.
The key purpose of this position is to ensure adequate operational capacity to provide high quality food and economic security support in our development and humanitarian programming. New innovations gme login In close coordination with his/ her other colleagues, the advisor shall provide technical support to ongoing food and economic security programming of NLRC and our sister National Societies. New innovations in battery technology Furthermore, the advisor shall identify and develop FES funding and innovation opportunities for continuation and expansion of NLRC’s FES portfolio.
The main responsibility of the Advisor is to outline our FES strategy, closely linking this to our resilience strengthening initiatives, and ensure timely delivery of quality and effective programming of food and economic security initiatives in NLRC-supported countries.
· Closely work with community resilience and other advisors to ensure the consideration of DRR and CCA in FES and livelihood programs, also ensuring cross-sectoral approach for building resilience
· Act as a technical resource within the NLRC and ensure sharing of state of the art evidence of FES and livelihood enhancement. New innovations in communication technology Ensuring the identification, documentation and sharing of good practices and lessons learnt
· In collaboration with NLRC International Assistance staff, and sister National Societies and partners, seek opportunities to scale up or initiate the development of new programmes in FES, as appropriate within the context. New technical innovations Thereby, where necessary and possible, seeking collaboration of (non-) Movement actors
· Ensure quality, effectiveness and sustainability of NLRC-supported FES activities, whereby these shall be implemented within the framework of our New Way of Working, relevant strategies, NLRC standards, IFRC policy framework and other relevant international standards
· In countries supported by the Advisor, represent (active attendance, presentation, etc) NLRC in relevant fora, meetings, conferences, workshops when and where required
· With our sister National Society, establish and carry out assessments and baseline surveys for relevant projects that cover indicators as agreed with NLRC’s PME Advisor
· With our sister National Society, establish and ensure regular, timely and accurate project monitoring is carried out, adequately covering reporting and monitoring indicators agreed upon in the programming monitoring framework
· To ensure close collaboration with other BD&A members and relevant NLRC HQ staff. New and innovative business ideas This shall include verbal status updates, request of technical contributions or facilitation of support visits when needed
· MA degree in food security, agricultural economics, livelihood, regional development, land and water management or related fields. Ir new technology innovations ltd A degree with a combination of relevant experience would also be considered
· At least 10 years international professional experience of which at least 5 years in different contexts/ countries in sub-Sahara Africa and Asia. New innovation technology in india Preferably both in development and emergency or recovery contexts
· Demonstrated experience in the design, implementation and management of food security and resilience strengthening projects, including successful high-value proposal development, grant management, donor liaison and report-writing
· A working knowledge of food and economic security issues affecting east and/or Southern African populations and understanding of the impediments to food security within the sub-Saharan African context
· Demonstrated experience of developing effective working relationships with senior stakeholders from government agencies, international organisations, donors, NGO, academics and opinion-leaders, including successful advocacy and influencing
The FES Programme Advisor should be able to maintain a helicopter view have organisational sensitivity and strategic insight, be able to plan and prioritize realistically and make decisions accordingly and timely, and be strong in cooperation with internal and external partners, in a motivating manner. New science innovations The Advisor is able to analyse and form opinions on FSE-related matters and feels confident to provide feedback, thereby creating support to his/ her proposed solutions.
Remuneration: the salary scale level is set at 12 as mentioned in the CAO, depending on education level and experience. New innovation in electronics technology (min. New innovations in information technology 2013 € 3.581,35 and max. Lsu new innovations € 4.778,76) gross per month on the basis of full time employment).