Bachelor of information technology _ deakin
The Bachelor of Information Technology provides you with the contemporary knowledge, skills and experience required for a successful career as an IT professional capable of managing information technology, digital proficiency and technological transformations in all sectors of the community.
In addition to acquiring a core set of IT skills that are relevant in almost every industry, this diverse degree provides you with the opportunity to choose from a wide range of IT specialisations according to your interests and career aspirations. Technology fcu We offer a full range of IT disciplines from the technical (software development and cloud computing), to the creative (interactive media design and games design).
You’ll cover areas such as security, interactive media, computer games, gaming, programming and cloud computing and gain experience constructing IT solutions to real-world problems. What is communication and technology You also have the flexibility to diversify your studies and explore other areas of interest through elective units in IT and/or complementary study areas.
This course includes an internship unit that provides professional work experience with an approved host organisation. Technology happy life Students also have the opportunity to gain business skills working on real-world products.
IT is at the heart of innovation and productivity. Technology funny quotes It shapes the way we live, work, learn, communicate, socialise and entertain ourselves. Business and technology education It’s no surprise then, that IT graduates are in high demand globally, and with high entry-level salaries on offer an IT degree can set you up for a satisfying and rewarding career. Communication technology meaning Possible roles include network officer or manager, IT security officer or manager, object-oriented or procedural programmer, database or web designer, manager, consultant, or system analyst.
• Develop a broad, coherent knowledge of the IT discipline, including its dynamic environment, with detailed knowledge of project management principles, and in depth knowledge in the area of the chosen major.
• Design, develop and implement IT systems and software, and associated policies and procedures for optimal use and apply industry standards and best practice in one or more specialised areas of IT.
• Communicate in an IT context to inform, motivate and effect change utilising a range of verbal, graphical and written methods, recognising the needs of diverse audiences.
• Utilise a range of digital technologies and information sources to discover, analyse, evaluate, select, process and disseminate both technical and non-technical information.
• Evaluate specialist IT information using critical and analytical thinking, technical skills and well-developed judgement to identify problems, analyse user requirements and propose solutions.
• Apply knowledge and skills to new situations in professional practice and/or further learning in the field of IT with adaptability, autonomy, responsibility and personal accountability for actions as a practitioner and a learner.
• Apply professional and ethical standards and accountability for own learning to the development, design, construction and management of localised IT solutions.
High performing graduates can continue on to an Honours year of study, which can be completed in two full time trimesters, or equivalent full time study. Healthcare communication technology Graduates who gain high outcomes in the Honours year can then continue on to a higher degree by research, either within the School of Information Technology, or in others Schools within the Faculty or other Universities. Communication technology future Graduates can also progress to postgraduate coursework programs offered.
If you have completed previous studies which you believe may reduce the number of units you have to complete at Deakin, indicate in the appropriate section on your application that you wish to be considered for credit for prior learning. Communication technology issues You will need to provide a certified copy of your previous course details so your credit can be determined. Internet communication technology ppt If you are eligible, your offer letter will then contain information about your credit for prior learning.
Your credit for prior learning is formally approved prior to your enrolment at Deakin during the Enrolment and Orientation Program. Information and communication technology agency of sri lanka You must bring original documents relating to your previous study so that this approval can occur.